- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water; toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrups, bourbon, butter and salt until blended. Stir in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour filling into crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
"Disappointed. No one liked it and ended up throwing it out. Too much chocolate."
"This was a typical chocolate pecan pie -- always delicious! I did not care for the taste of bourbon however."
"This pie was good--made three this weekend. However, I don't like to the taste of the bourbon, so when I made the pie again, I substituted a little white corn syrup, a tsp. of vanilla, and water for the liquor. I also prefer not so much dark sugar/syrup, so I used light brown sugar. This is a keeper!"
"Family enjoyed it"
"Decadent and Delicious!"
"I can't wait to make this. This Thanksgiving is a perfect time :) What can be used in place of the bourbon?"
"Sinfully rich and delicious. Got rave reviews from everyone."
"Everyone raved about this pie! It was amazing."
"This pie is excellent however it needs to be refrigerated prior to serving to"tighten up" the filling."