Blueberry Snack Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Beat in the baking powder, milk and egg yolks to remaining mixture until well combined. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Snack Cake
Sort By :
This is one of our favorites. It has a great flavor and is moist. We like to keep it in the fridge and eat it cold.
I substituted buttermilk for the regular milk, and we all enjoyed it. Will be making this one again!
I make this cake frequently, and my daughter, who is not a blueberry lover, requested it for her birthday!!
I have been making this recipe for years and everyone loves it. This year for an early 4th of July party I picked raspberries from my garden and put them in with the blueberries-it came out more pink & purple than red, white and blue-but it was still festive, delicious & gone in a flash. Can't go wrong with fresh or frozen berries and I always have the ingredients on hand which makes this a snap. I take about a cup of the cake mix out for the topping-it's a keeper.
Used our freshly picked blueberries & this was perfect. As others have posted, warm & fresh from the oven is the best part! Although I am still liking it the next day. Very moist. Also agree that the topping is not streusel-crunchy, but still works.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >