A delightful and tasty rub make this quick recipe fantastic. While the fish is sitting to allow the flavors to blend, you can easily assemble the salsa. My family thinks this is marvelous.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine the oregano, cumin, paprika, 2 teaspoons pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; rub over fillets. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and remaining salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups salsa).
Originally published as Blackened Catfish with Mango Avocado Salsa in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2014, p206
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blackened Catfish with Mango Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review