- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine the oregano, cumin, paprika, 2 teaspoons pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; rub over fillets. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and remaining salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups salsa).
Originally published as Blackened Catfish with Mango Avocado Salsa in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2014, p206
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blackened Catfish with Mango Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review