Blackberry Apple Pie Recipe
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Top with a thin layer of apples. In a large bowl, combine blackberries and remaining apples; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Add to fruit mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie shell; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg with water; brush over lattice top and pie edges.
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Apple Pie in Reminisce September/October 1994, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blackberry Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2012
Even my Mother-in-Law loved it!!!