Black-Bottom Banana Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
Reviews for Black-Bottom Banana Bars
Sort By :
"It was good, but more cake-like than I was expecting. I sprinkled chocolate chips on the top."
"I first found this recipe in my sample taste of home about 17 years ago still making them today :)"
"These bars are quick and easy and everyone loves them! A keeper!"
"Easy to make, moist & delicious. These are a hit with everyone!"
"Kids loved them."