- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-in. square. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-in. strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Bite-Size Apple Pies
Sort By :
"Easy to make and delicious. Best if eaten immediately"
"Another great, easy dessert to whip up quick. We enjoy these on a weekend in the fall."
"We had a lot of fun rolling this up as a family. We took leftovers to a large gathering and they were quickly gobbled up. So easy - I am no baker and pies intimidate me. This is completely doable for those of us who rely on refrigerated pie crusts! I especially love that I didn't have to peel and cube the apples! Just used my apple wedger, trimmed a little, and then ready to go!"
"easy and fun to make, can heat leftovers or just eat as is."