Bite-Size Apple Pies Recipe
These little bites are fun for kids to make. Simply wrap strips of pastry around apple wedges and shake on some cinnamon-sugar. Then just bake and watch them disappear! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- 2. Cut each sheet into eight 1-in. strips, about 8 inches long. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- 3. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving equals 163 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC