- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into eight mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, orange juice and remaining sugar in a bowl; toss gently. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and strawberries. Replace shortcake tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
Sort By :
"The 3rd tablespoon of sugar gets mixed into the strawberries with the orange juice...see step 3 in the directions. Very quick and easy to mix up. Light and fluffy. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top."
The 3rd tablespoon of sugar gets mixed into the strawberries with the orange juice...see step 3 in the directions. Very quick and easy to mix up. Light and fluffy. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top."
"only 1/2 cup milk should be used --- this is way to wet with one cup of milk also too much salt"
"Very good, but what is the 3rd Tblsp of sugar for?I put some turbino sugar on top of the biscuits before baking."