I love to bake treats like these brownies to share with co-workers. When I was growing up, I helped my mother make delicious, hearty meals and desserts like this for our farm family of eight.—Judy Cunningham, Max, North Dakota
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the top is dry and the center is set. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p45
Reviews for Best Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review