My son and I like to make this breakfast favorite together. You can leave the berries out of the mix and sprinkle them on top, or sub in chocolate chips or nuts instead. —Elizabeth Stewart, Crab Orchard, West Virginia
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries or raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in granola and berries.
Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray on medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Berry Granola Pancakes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Berry Granola Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review