- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries or raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in granola and berries.
Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray on medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Granola Pancakes
"My boys love the extra texture the granola gives these. They are so easy to make with whatever granola and fruits you have on hand. They are a great chnage of pace to plain old pancakes."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I used my own homemade fruity granola in the recipe and used more blueberries and fewer raspberries because that is what I had to work with. I really liked the texture and the flavor. I froze the leftovers and will look forward to enjoying them for breakfast or a breakfast-for-supper meal in a hurry. Very hearty, tasty and quite satisfying!"