Berry Cream Muffins Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Cream Muffins(11)
Sort By :
These are just what I was looking for in a moist, flavorful muffin. I made some small " shooters" for a bite-sized treat. Maybe next time some lemon zest.....
I have made these so many times and every one I give them to, loves them. I make these four times and more a year. The best ever! Thank you TASTE of HOME!
Terrific muffins to make for early breakfast - measure out dry ingredients the night before and mix up liquid that morning while oven is heating up. Best eaten that day since the berries tend to make the muffins somewhat soggy.
What an awesome recipe and one that incorporateds goodness in either using raspberries or blueberries. I opted for the raspberries as I had two cups of fresh and used one cup of frozen. This are a fabulously moist recipe and a definite repeat.
i added a streusel topping for a bit of crunch and they were excellent!