- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or additional Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Irish or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses and flour. In a large saucepan, heat beer and lemon juice over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until cheese is almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Add mustard; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes and reserved vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Beer Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p195
Reviews for Beer Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review