- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1 medium red onion
- 40 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Thinly slice steak widthwise into 5-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer half of the mixture to a shallow bowl; set aside. For filling, add marinara sauce to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well. Spread 1 teaspoon filling over each beef strip and roll up into pinwheels. Coat with reserved crumb mixture.
- Cut onion into 1-in. pieces and separate into layers. Thread a piece of onion, a sage leaf and a beef pinwheel onto soaked wooden appetizer skewers. Drizzle lightly with oil and place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Beef Spiedini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Beef Spiedini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review