- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Roast with Gravy
"Very tasty dish!! The only issue was that my roast never seemed to be fork tender. Still good, but I am used to a fork tender roast. Might have been the cut of meat though."
"Big disappointment. The gravy was runny and way too salty. Will look for a different recipe for fixing a roast next time."
"This has become a stand by at least once a weak. My family wants to eat the gravey with a spoon!"
"This was my first real slow cooker meal and it turned out great. I fixed it up before work, and when I got home it was done. Super easy. Although it was great as is, next time I will add potatoes and celery."
"Yummy! Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"