“Whenever I make this cheesy layered casserole, my guests rave about it and ask for the recipe. I serve it with French bread or toasted garlic bread.” —Charlene Griffin, Minocqua, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut in half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese; set aside. Spread a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese blend, tortillas, cottage cheese mixture and remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Lasagna in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p32
Reviews for Beef Enchilada Lasagna Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review