- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix 2 tablespoons each cornstarch and water with garlic powder; toss with beef. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and the remaining cornstarch and water until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeef Broccoli Stir-Fry
"Yes, this recipe is a success! My version had bit of a chile pepper bite, not super hot, but noticeable, from one fresh red chile and a dash of Korean dry chile flakes. Since the beef and the vegetables are cooked separately, nothing was overdone.I notice in the comments that other people also used it as a jumping-off point for their own versions. Try any protein and vegetable combination, using the recipe to help calculate how much starch, soy sauce, and sugar to use."
"Nothing special but it was easy"
"This is a keeper... easy to prepare, yet tasty."
"Nutritious and delicious! The sauce is very tasty.easy to prepare!"
"Definitely a keeper. Super easy. Super tasty. The ginger and the brwon sugar really make this dish stand out."
"This beats Chinese takeout/ takeaway. I can feed my family for much cheaper by making this and we all love it!"
"An exceptional alternative to ordering out - have made it as written and also substituting boneless chicken breast and asparagus. Wonderful!!"