- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable bag, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"Definitely a keeper. Super easy. Super tasty. The ginger and the brwon sugar really make this dish stand out."
"This beats Chinese takeout/ takeaway. I can feed my family for much cheaper by making this and we all love it!"
"An exceptional alternative to ordering out - have made it as written and also substituting boneless chicken breast and asparagus. Wonderful!!"
"Quick, easy & delicious! Whole family loved it! I added carrots & used green onion!"
"Wow! This is a new favorite for the husband (and myself!) before he could even finish his plate he was begging me to add it to the book. I added green beans and it was even more amazing! I was skeptical about the cornstarch but it made the meat soooo tender. Just like something you'd get at an authentic Chinese restaurant. Will defiantly be a regular dish at our house."