VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Peppers in Country Woman September/October 1990, p37
Reviews forBeef and Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"I followed the recipe, and found it to be super bland. At the last minute, I added soy sauce and powdered ginger, which made it ok. No one is asking for it again."