- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef and Peppers(2)
Sort By :
This was very easy and quick to make. I like things spicy, so added some crushed red chili peppers. It was great on steamed rice with a salad on the side. Will definitely make again!
I followed the recipe, and found it to be super bland. At the last minute, I added soy sauce and powdered ginger, which made it ok. No one is asking for it again.