- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Mash half of the beans; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the pineapple, salsa, chilies, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on one side of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice; fold in half. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos
Sort By :
"This was good. I think I will add chicken next time."
"I would make this again, but I would add chicken or steak."
"We had to add taco seasoning to balance out the pineapple. What are unsweetened pineapple tidbits? Not our favorite, but interesting idea."
"My family loves these tacos. We buy the Paso tortilla cups for these. It has replaced or regular taco recipe."
"This recipe was very simple and easy to make. It was absolutely delicious and a great modification to a typical taco recipe. My roommates and I really enjoyed it! It is definitely a keeper!"