- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Mash half of the beans; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the pineapple, salsa, chilies, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on one side of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice; fold in half. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos
Sort By :
This recipe was very simple and easy to make. It was absolutely delicious and a great modification to a typical taco recipe. My roommates and I really enjoyed it! It is definitely a keeper!
My daughters and I loved this. A nice light summer dish!
When I made this for my husband, he immediately balked about it being meatless. Until he tried it. He loved it!
I was pleasantly surprised. I thought this was a pretty healthy recipe that tasted great. I think the chunks of pineapple is what really made this recipe taste great. I definitely will make again in the future.
We've had this multiple times since it is so tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >