Quick to prep for the slow cooker, this dish goes great with a salad and fresh side. My family practically cheers whenever I make this! —Cheryl Mann, Winside, Nebraska
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Place onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with ribs. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce, maple syrup and mustard; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour cooking liquid into a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork. If desired, sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Country-Style Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Country-Style Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review