These tender, glazed chops sent in by Lisa Gilliland of Fort Collins, Colorado, get great flavor from a little brown sugar, chili powder and dried basil. The fast-cooking entree is sure to make a regular appearance at your dinner table.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, basil, salt and chili powder. Gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil until crumbly. Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review