Basil Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, basil, salt and chili powder. Gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil until crumbly. Rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Pork Chops(16)
Sort By :
Cooked this again tonight. This has become my husband's favorite. Just an F.Y.I. - It is just as good or maybe even better with Center Cut bone-in pork chops.
I substitute olive oil for the canola oil. I made it using paprika as I was out of chili powder. My mother-in-law, husband, and sons (16,5, and 5) all loved it. Another time, I was in a bind and needed something ready for when we got home from the gym, so I threw it in the crock pot on high for 1 hour 30 minutes. The kids loved it! Will definitely keep making this!
Wow. I do not know what everyone is talking about. This was the worst pork recipe I have ever experienced. The smell was awful and the taste was worse. I would not recommend this to anyone. Not trying to be mean but I am pretty upset that I wasted my pork chops. This rating is inaccurate in my opinion.
Very easy to prepare even taste great with bone in pork chops. I will definately fix again.
These are delicious and super fast to prepare. I served them with a pasta side dish, garlic bread and Greek salad.