- TURKEY BROTH:
- 1 leftover turkey carcass
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 celery rib with leaves
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 carrot
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- TURKEY VEGETABLE SOUP:
- 8 cups turkey broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sliced carrots, celery, green beans and/or other vegetables
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Place all broth ingredients in a large stockpot; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes. Strain broth; discard bones and vegetables. Cool; skim fat. Use immediately for turkey vegetable soup or refrigerate and use within 24 hours.
- For soup, combine the broth, bouillon, pepper, vegetables and onion in a large stockpot. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add turkey and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Basic Turkey Soup
Sort By :
Great recipe. Easy to make and great on a cold day. I look forward to this soup every time I make a turkey; for me, it's the reward for all the work on the stuffing and sides. I always add noodles, about the same amount of meat and less vegetables.
I really enjoyed this simple turkey soup. The broth is rich and easy to make. I added edamame to the list of vegetables.
I had family after Thanksgiving and they just raved about this tirkey soup
This is THE best recipe for turkey soup I have ever made or tasted. I have used the carcass of a turkey & also the carcass of just a turkey breast. Great recipe.