Barbecued Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked noodles
- In Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours; drain.
- Combine the tomato paste, ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard, salt and remaining water. Pour over ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Beef Short Ribs(4)
Sort By :
Another comment on this recipe: the meat department at my regular supermarket was out of short ribs one day, and one of the butchers suggested that I buy a cross rib roast and cut it against the grain into pieces the size of regular boneless short ribs and proceed with my recipe. It turned out great and was much less expensive than short ribs.
Excellent, melt in the mouth meat and very good sauce. My brother thinks it's the best he's ever eaten. If I could give it 10 stars, I would. THANKS !
Made these wonderful ribs and I have to say my family was completely beside themselves.We do not have short ribs often here for they are very expensive but I made them for a special day. My son is still asking me when I will make them again.
These are really easy to make, and are delicious as well! Bone-in beef short ribs are not generally available at my local grocery store, but I've substituted the boneless variety with no problem. This has become one of my standby recipes for when the meat-and-potatoes relatives are staying for supper.