Banana Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberries, 1 cup sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Fold in cranberry mixture and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Cranberry Muffins(14)
Sort By :
These muffins are excellent. I left the nuts out. Made them into mini muffins. I will take some to a women's meeting where we each bring a snack to share.
Yummy! I followed the recipe exactly but left out the nuts. Flavors play well together!
These muffins were tasty. I omitted the nuts, and saved the cranberry syrup drained from cranberries to make cranberry lemonade!
Great recipe! Followed the recipe exactly and these are the best muffins I have ever made! Simply delicious!
Yum! Love these muffins. I only had one egg so I used that and threw in an extra banana. Also used craisins because I didn't have fresh or frozen cranberries. Still turned out amazing!