Banana Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberries, 1 cup sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Fold in cranberry mixture and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Cranberry Muffins(11)
Sort By :
Great recipe! Followed the recipe exactly and these are the best muffins I have ever made! Simply delicious!
Yum! Love these muffins. I only had one egg so I used that and threw in an extra banana. Also used craisins because I didn't have fresh or frozen cranberries. Still turned out amazing!
Great recipe! I like to make healthier adjustments so I modified it by: a) replacing the 2/3 cups of sugar with splenda; b) adding 1/4 cup of oats; c) using 1 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all purpose flour; d) replacing 1/3 cup shortening w/ 1/6 cup of butter and a little more than 1/6 cup of unsweetened apple sauce; e) take away the walnuts. I baked it for about 20 - 21 minutes.
Really good! Neither the banana or cranberry dominated the recipe, they worked well together! Thank you for sharing!!
WOW, these are yum-dilli-iscious! Very tender and flavorful. We added the walnuts and it was a nice counter-flavor in there...nutty, sweet banana and sweet-tart cranberry. Nice pace change for a muffin.