Balsamic Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add the onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad(34)
Sort By :
This is a fantastic salad in the summer when fresh green beans and tomatoes are at their best. We loved the salty, briny flavor of the feta cheese crumbled over the crisp flavorful veggies. A great one for picnics too!
This is my "go to" to impress! Love It...
I loved this salad! My boyfriend did not like it as I found out that he does not like cold green beans. His loss, more for me! I enjoyed the leftovers even more the next day and the flavors continued to meld. I saw someone say they did not feel that there was enough dressing. The second day there was plenty as the beans and tomatoes released more of their juices. I would be afraid that more dressing would be too much unless you were sure that there were not leftovers, or just make it the day before and there should be plenty.
I made this recipe last week for a party, and it turned out wonderfully. It is lovely for a summer salad. Just be sure you don't overcook the string beans.
Everyone liked it so much, that I am making it right now because I was asked to bring it to a Memorial Day BBQ!!!!
I made this for a school luncheon and people wanted the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >