- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"I've made this several times and love it. I take it to work as a lunch."
"It was OK but nothing to rave about."
"Good tastey. Good to eat for kids"
"Loved this although I think I will quarter a small onion so that it can be easily removed when storing leftovers. The onion was much too strong the next day. I will definitely make again."
"The men in my family (one husband and two grown sons) loved this combination. They don't necessarily rave over salads for dinner per se, but they prefer hearty flavors and this salad certainly has those! It's not that same old boring lettuce and tomato offering."