- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack. Yield: 13 rolls.
Reviews for Baker's Dozen Yeast Rolls
"This is my go to recipe. I make different variations of this recipe depending on what I am cooking. You can't just eat one roll. Trust me. I've tried."
"I followed the recipe and it came out perfect the very first time.Thanks Taste of home"
"These rolls are soft and taste like a great homemade dinner roll. I would leave out the cheese next time, as I could not really taste it. Love the garlic topping!"
"I agree with others, leave out the cheese, couldn't taste it. Baked them for about 16 minutes. I also left out the honey and garlic salt."
"These were different because of the sweetness, but easy and quicker than other rolls. I'll make them again."
"Very tasty and yummy. I did not give the cheddar cheese 'cause it was not in my refrigerator. yet it was good enough.Everyone liked it."
"Great smelling roll, quick to get to the table but unfortunately, it turned out really doughy and we couldn't even taste the cheese."
"These were great from scratch rolls. I brushed tops with softened butter, fresh crushed garlic and chopped chives before baking. Very nice with my cornish hens!"
"Turned out so fab! Just a bit doughy but yea... I ate like 4 with my dinner. Terrible."
"Nice texture roll and with only a single rise time, quick to get on the table. I omitted the cheese, but otherwise made by the recipe."