- 12 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place carrots in a skillet; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. drain.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice out of each carrot. Scoop out carrot, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.Place the removed carrot in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into carrot shells.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter and paprika; sprinkle over carrots. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Stuffed Carrots in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p44
Reviews for Baked Stuffed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"This an always requested dish for Thanksgiving Dinner."
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2010
"Served it on Easter, impressive presentation and tastes great."