Mashed Carrots and Turnips
This recipe has been in my family for years. It's an inexpensive and easy dish to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mashed Carrots and Turnips in Country Extra March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.