Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, browned and drained, optional
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano and, if desired, ground beef. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the vegetable mixture and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
Great dinner for the family!!!!
I made this for my family tonight and this was delicious..Thank you for the receipe
I will try this particular recipe, but I have made one very similar and only takes 20 min on top of stove. After step 1 I add one can of beef broth with the diced tomatoes (I have used stewed also but I use my one hand blender to break up the tomatoes so they are not so chunky), no need to add water, when it comes to a boil I add uncooked bow tie pasta right into the pan (about 1 1/2 C. or so and cook for 10 min until pasta is done, then add 1/4 C grated cheese. No need to bake. I don't use cream soup or olives but every one I have made this for loves it.
I have been making baked spaghetti for years. Umm good!
longstanding family favorite - lost the recipe and am glad to have found it again!