Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained, optional
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano. Add ground beef if desired. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the vegetable mixture and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti(48)
Sort By :
Love this recipe. My mother has been making this baked spaghetti for over 20 years and now I am making it for the holiday get together.
Can't believe i haven't reviewed this before. Been making it for years. Every one enjoys it. The only change i make (i never buy canned mushrooms), i used fresh mushrooms, sliced, then nuked in micro for a bit.
I cannot tell you how many times I've made this and it is fantastic each time! I do add italian sausage to the hamburger to kick up the flavor a bit.
This is a good recipe. The only things I did different was to omit the mushrooms and olives and instead of oregano I used Italian seasoning. I also used roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup per another reviewer. And for the tomatos I used Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano. Good flavor, will ake agan.
Wasn't sure my husband would like it due to the mushrooms, but he loved it. Great flavors. Black Olives really livened it up.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >