Baked Rice with Sausage Recipe
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add dry soup mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Stir in canned soup, rice and sausage mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Rice with Sausage(17)
Sort By :
Very good recipe and reminded me a lot of chicken rice a roni in the taste. The chicken noodle soup mix equals 2 envelopes and I used reduced salt versions on both kinds of soup and the dish came out perfect
When I made this recipe it definetly didn't look like the picture. The sausage had a good flavor but it was a tad too salty for me.
This is healthy, quick, and simple recipe that has become a family favorite. "My Sausage Stuff" is requested for all large family gatherings, even when turkey/stuffing or meat/potatoes are the main course. I've been making it for several years (the first time was the only single batch) and occasionally I'll tweak it with sweet sausage or turkey sausage.
I made this recipe exactly as stated with one exception, I used two full envelopes of dry chicken noodle soup mix. It came out more like a soup than a casserole??? Is the rice supposed to be cooked before adding to the mix???
Wrote comments before but the stars did not show up at the time to rate it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >