Baked Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 5 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Cook potatoes until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add milk, salt and 1 tablespoon butter; beat until light and fluffy. Fold in egg, sour cream, cottage cheese and onions. Place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
I've made this for years. Delicious make-ahead dish.
I made these last year for thanksgiving and i will be making them again this year great make ahead mashed we love them.
I have been asked to bring this many times. Everyone is surprised by the cottage cheese. I'm glad I tried it.
This recipe was wonderful I am having it for thanksgiving this year it will help save time because I can make it the day before plus it got a thumbs up from my whole family thanks for sharing.
I have always made my mashed potatoes with cottage cheese instead of cream cheese. It gives them a creamy flavor, but not so heavy.