- 4 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 5 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Cook potatoes until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add milk, salt and 1 tablespoon butter; beat until light and fluffy. Fold in egg, sour cream, cottage cheese and onions. Place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mashed Potatoes
"I've made this for years. Delicious make-ahead dish."
"I made these last year for thanksgiving and i will be making them again this year great make ahead mashed we love them."
"I have been asked to bring this many times. Everyone is surprised by the cottage cheese. I'm glad I tried it."
"This recipe was wonderful I am having it for thanksgiving this year it will help save time because I can make it the day before plus it got a thumbs up from my whole family thanks for sharing."
"I have always made my mashed potatoes with cottage cheese instead of cream cheese. It gives them a creamy flavor, but not so heavy."