- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine the first seven ingredients; sprinkle over fillets on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, butter and garlic; drizzle over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Herb Catfish
Sort By :
"Nice blend of herbs; fish turned out moist and flavorful."
"Yum! I made this recipe with flounder and omitted the salt. It was still delicious, and the fish was very tender."
"We really like this, the spice mix was not to much The butter combo adds another great layer of flavor. (My fillets were a little thick so I did cook longer than suggested)"
"My family loves this recipe. Such a wonderful change to the fried version we usually eat! Going to make again and again!"
"I found this recipe a nice change from the usual southern fried catfish although my DH and MIL did not. I did add 1/4 tsp dried crushed rosemary and served it with the Herb Rice Recipe, but added 2 Tbsp lemon juice after the rice was cooked. Served with a salad and it was excellent!! Will be marked as a favorite in 'My Recipe Box'."