- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound haddock fillets
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oil and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In a third bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fillets in flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with chips and tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Fish 'n' Chips
Sort By :
simple but good flavor
First time cooking fish for the chef of the house and it was successful! Tasty and moist - have to watch how long you cook fish as it has it's own mind of when it is done.
I have made this several times and my husband especially loves the crunchy coating on the fish.