Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 small acorn squash (1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Arrange chicken over squash. Combine the brown sugar, rosemary and salt; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes, basting with pan juices twice.
- Pour peaches over chicken and squash. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash(10)
Sort By :
Easy to make. The fragrance is wonderful and the flavor even better. I served it to guest and it was a big hit.
no need to modify great the way it is will make again and again my kids loved it
looks great... looking for recipes to use all this squash from the garden. wonder if I could use just regular yellow squash?
I served this to guests for my first time making it. I most definitely did not go wrong! The ooo's and ahhhh's lasted all evening! Even my husband was giving me the wide-eyed look. I did make a few changes to the recipe. I used pears instead of peaches, Costco's seasoning salt instead of regular salt (same amount) and butternut squash instead of acorn. I also doubled the recipe. Delicious!
This was a surprisingly good dish. I was a little concerned, as it looked like a lot of liquid in the pan, but my husband and son devoured it. The chicken picks up a nice flavor from the squash, peaches and rosemary. I used boneless breasts, which I thought got a little dry, so I think next time I will use bone-in chicken pieces.
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >