Bacon-Colby Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon, tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar and salt; cook until heated through.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Layer with four noodles, 1-2/3 cups meat sauce, 1-1/3 cups cheese in each dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Colby Lasagna(18)
Sort By :
My husband is very much a bacon and colby cheese fella. Since we're empty nesters, will cut back recipe for 4 servings. I doubt very much there would be leftovers!
What a great way to do Lasagna! Bacon always makes everything better. Has anyone tried to freeze the second lasagna for later use?
This has been a family favorite ever since I made it. It is fast, easy and delicious! We call it the bacon cheeseburger lasagna.
This was good, and I'll make it again, but not on a regular basis.
This recipe is one of my family's favorites! It's not nearly as time-consuming as a regular lasagna, and my kids love the bacon and Colby flavors together as a delicious change! We had one of my son's friends to dinner tonight, and he made me promise to share the recipe with his mom! Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >