- 24 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Remove from pot; drain drippings.
- In same pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, salt and beef mixture; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup sauce into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with four noodles, 1-2/3 cups sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Colby Lasagna
Sort By :
"My Favorite and a nice change"
"My husband is very much a bacon and colby cheese fella. Since we're empty nesters, will cut back recipe for 4 servings. I doubt very much there would be leftovers!"
"What a great way to do Lasagna! Bacon always makes everything better. Has anyone tried to freeze the second lasagna for later use?"
"This has been a family favorite ever since I made it. It is fast, easy and delicious! We call it the bacon cheeseburger lasagna."
"This was good, and I'll make it again, but not on a regular basis."