- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
Sort By :
Really good and very easy to make. I might omit the pickles as they didn't do a lot for us, but all in all this was simple and tasty.
I thought this recipe would have significantly more flavor than it did. I even used a spicy BBQ sauce. Will not make again.
This is a go to recipe. When I bring leftovers to work, everyone stops and asks what smells so yummy. I've given out the recipe several times. Great comfort food!
EVERYONE ate it!! With four boys and a picky husband who usually requires a side of beef at every meal, it's increasingly difficult to please everyone. This is a winner!
I didn't have pickles, so I used some dill pickle relish mixed in with the water and sauce instead, and it came out pretty good. I also cooked the ground beef in the same pan that I cooked the bacon in, and that helped add to the flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >