Bacon-Cheese Puff Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle bacon over the crust. Top with tomato and cheese. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, flour and salt until smooth. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into sour cream mixture; spread over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Cheese Puff Pie(6)
Sort By :
Yum-o! We loved this. Only baked for 37 minutes
this is so yummy and very easy to make. i added mushrooms, onions, and green peppers with the bacon and tomato and it was great! 35 minutes worked for me, too.
I served this to brunch guests (including kids) & they all loved it. I baked it for 35 min. and it came out great.
my husband like this recipe I baked it for the 45 min. and I think it would have been better at30 min.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >