Guests who head straight for a tray of jalapeno poppers will devour this crowd-pleaser just as fast. The blue cheese-flavored filling is wonderful, but it’s the slight crunch from bread crumbs and crumbled bacon that sets them apart from any other version.—Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, bacon, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon peel and chili powder. Spoon into pepper halves. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Poppers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p214
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon Cheese Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review