- 2 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices Gouda cheese, optional
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings, optional
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Pour off drippings.
- In same skillet, break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Remove from heat; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread Miracle Whip over two slices of toast. Top with bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado and, if desired, cheese and onion. Spread butter over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bacon, Egg & Avocado Sandwiches
"This was a good sandwich, but I just felt it was a little overkill. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much..as was the case here."
"Always in search of a recipe for just one or two, this one is not only easy, delicious but fits the bill. Word of caution.. this makes a BIG, THICK sandwich and definitely takes two hands to eat it. Don't cut it in half. You will make this one over and over again."