My husband wanted bacon and eggs; I wanted a BLT. We settled our standoff with an irresistible sandwich we've had many times since. —Patti Darwin, Lubbock, Texas
Featured In: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices Gouda cheese, optional
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings, optional
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Pour off drippings.
- In same skillet, break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Remove from heat; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread Miracle Whip over two slices of toast. Top with bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado and, if desired, cheese and onion. Spread butter over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon, Egg & Avocado Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Bacon, Egg & Avocado Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2016
"This was a good sandwich, but I just felt it was a little overkill. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much..as was the case here."