Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and garlic; cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock(6)
Sort By :
solo puedo describirlo como rico,sabroso y nutritivo.Todo un exito
made this for dinner tonight and it came out awesome. made it just as written but added 3 garlic cloves instead of 1 and a little extra lemon juice. everyone ate it up no leftovers! very good. defiantly a keeper. would try this breadcrumb mix on chicken too.
Made this dish for dinner last night and it was excellent. Made this a written with the exception of adding some Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. It also makes a nice presentation for company. Will be making again.
I think this recipe is wonderful just the way it is. The bacon didn't taste overwhelming at all. A great blend between onion,bacon,and garlic!
The only modifications I made to this recipe were to halve the topping ingredients since I only had two haddock fillets.
This recipe is absolutely delicious. If you are a true fish lover however, this may not be your favorite - the bacon flavor is stronger than the fish flavor. But who doesn't love a little bacon??!!