Baby Basil-Zucchini Muffins Recipe
"These delicious treats make the most of the basil and zucchini I grow," enthuses Marion Lowery of Medford, Oregon. "The aroma during baking is so tempting my family flocks to the kitchen to grab muffins for snacking. I've learned to always mix up a double batch so I have enough for dinner!"
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely shredded peeled zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, basil, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Beat the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Baby Basil-Zucchini Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Baby Basil-Zucchini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
These are bland and mostly tasteless. We dipped them in pasta sauce so they didn't go to waste. Sorry, this was not worth my time or effort.