Autumn Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, apple, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Sausage Casserole(12)
Sort By :
This was very good and will make it on the table often.
Five stars! I made this exactly as written and it was excellent! I think I may try adding a little sage next time, but this recipe is a KEEPER!
My husband and I loved this dish! I didn't have celery on hand so I substituted bell pepper. I also used pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar. YUM! Will definitely make this again.
I used brown rice and golden raisins and it worked well.
Great with the following alterations:
Craisins for Raisins
cup of apple sauce for the Apple
Doubled the rice, onion, and celery
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >