Au Gratin Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around side of saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the soup, cream cheese, garlic, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Place the potatoes and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour the milk mixture over the potato mixture; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Au Gratin Garlic Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
Bland. Funny texture. I've got better potato recipes. I won't be using this one again. Had to throw the whole thing out.
This is an awesome recipe! I love the ease of it, and the ability to keep the oven free. I definatly would make this again. My only thing I have done differently is A) more pepper B) microplaned the garlic and C) to speed up cooking time I have boiled the potatoes a few minutes to get the cooking process started.
I added ham to the layers for a main dish. Turned out a little dry, so the next time, I'll increase the milk to 1 cup.
This was very bland. Really needs to be spiced up.
I was not at all impressed with this. I followed recipe as written - bland city! Thank goodness, I had some shredded cheddar cheese on hand - it saved the day.
More Recipe Collections
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Slow Cooker Potatoes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >