MY SISTER introduced me to this recipe several years ago because she knows I love blue cheese. This dish is a simple way to dress up asparagus, giving it a tangy taste altogether different from the usual cheese sauce. I make it every spring when we have fresh homegrown asparagus. —Leona Luecking West Burlington, Iowa
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, whisk cream cheese, milk and salt over low heat until smooth. Stir in blue cheese and heat through. Drain asparagus and top with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Blue Cheese Sauce in Reminisce Extra June 1996, p47
Reviews for Asparagus with Blue Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review