- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chill until serving. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Asparagus Mozzarella Salad
Sort By :
"This was delicious, but next time I'll use white balsamic vinegar. The dark vinegar discolored the fresh mozzarella and made it look less appetizing!"
"This was very good. I did use roma tomatoes and chopped them up a bit. And I cut the recipe down to serve 4. I will be making this again real soon."
"This is a nice refreshing spring salad, especially when asparagus is just in season! I brought this to school for my Salad Club and had great comments about it!"
"Made this for a party, it was a hit. Will be making this many more times."
"What a wonderful and fresh recipe! Perfect along just about anything for dinner or for a potluck!"