- 2 turkey bacon strips
- 4 pieces multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli peppered turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 pieces leaf lettuce
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Spread two toast slices with jam. Layer with turkey, bacon, tomato, onion, lettuce and cheese. Spread remaining toast with mustard; place on top. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Turkey Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I was not particularly fond of this. The only real excitement was the sauce and it just wasn't enough for me."
"Delicious! We tried to take the leftovers as wraps, but those weren't as good (got soggy)."
"Not Diabetic friendly with 2 TBSP JAM and also 2 slices tomato which is a fruit and contains more sugar. I have seen many recipes in TOH that say Diabetic friendly when actually they are not."
"I made this for lunch today, as indicated except for with real bacon and with Monterey Jack instead of Swiss (don't like Swiss). It was good!"
"I made this sandwich on croissants (yum!) I was leery of the apricot jam - I've never had it before, and actually couldn't find it in the grocery but got something called "apricot preserves". It was surprisingly amazing on this sandwich! The combo of flavors was delectable! I wish we had leftovers so I could eat it for lunch tomorrow!"