- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Place hollow side up in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over squash. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apricot-Ginger Acorn Squash
Sort By :
I'm not a big fan of squash, but I decided I'd try this recipe because all of the ingredients looked tasty. I tried it, I didn't like it 'cause I just don't like the taste of acorn squash. My husband tried it, also not a fan of squash, but he liked it. I suggest you try it once and decide for yourself!
I'm not sure what the pepper adds to this recipe. If I made it again, I would not use it.
I think it needs a little more time in the oven, but it was delicious!
wonderful..the bit of soy sauce(that I nearly left out) adds an unexpected zip to the recipe.
This was really good. I'm making it again this week. I did not have apricot preserves so I used peach. Yummy!