It’s a real treat digging into tender baked squash with a buttery apricot sauce. Natural fruit preserves add sweetness, and ginger makes it savory without unwanted calories.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, ID
- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Place hollow side up in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over squash. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Ginger Acorn Squash in Country Woman October/November 2009, p36
Reviews for Apricot-Ginger Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review