Apple Walnut Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg whites, egg, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and walnuts.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 18 pancakes.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Pancakes(17)
Sort By :
This is a requested recipe for return guests at our B&B. I do not care for the texture of plain pancakes. The apples and nuts, both chopped fine, make these wonderful.
I love the apples, but they should be shredded. I guess I'm just a regular pancake person. This was a little too sweet for my tastebuds, but I can see where this recipe would be perfect to serve to guests who enjoy sweets!
Great treat! I never even thought of apple pancakes until I saw this, it is delicious.
Terribly banal. To add some much needed oomph, use 2 eggs, separated, whole or low fat milk, 1 tablespoon of apple pie spice, and grate that apple rather than chopping it. Doesn't hurt to toast the walnuts prior to chopping, either.
These were delicious, even the next morning. A new favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >