Apple Walnut Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg whites, egg, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and walnuts.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 18 pancakes.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Pancakes(19)
Sort By :
I used the advice of previous reviewers and shredded the apple, added apple pie spice and I subbed out the oil and used applesauce. These were okay with syrup but we don't normally use syrup so when we tasted them plain, they were very bland, heavy and had a thick flavor to them. Honestly, I won't make them again. I will, however, add the apples and walnuts to my own pancake batter because I love the idea of that!
Grr my favorite!!
This is a requested recipe for return guests at our B&B. I do not care for the texture of plain pancakes. The apples and nuts, both chopped fine, make these wonderful.
I love the apples, but they should be shredded. I guess I'm just a regular pancake person. This was a little too sweet for my tastebuds, but I can see where this recipe would be perfect to serve to guests who enjoy sweets!
Great treat! I never even thought of apple pancakes until I saw this, it is delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >