Apple Tapioca Recipe
Serve this warm spiced apple mixture over frozen yogurt or angel food cake for a delicious down-home dessert. "It's tasty on a cool evening or anytime for that matter," comments Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Arrange the apples in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Tapioca in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p17
Reviews for Apple Tapioca(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
My family loved this recipe. We thought we could vary it in many ways; use different fruits, use different spices, or add more fruit.